We plan to give at least $5 million to the creating and promoting of a WPS PEACE PRIZE. Such a peace prize will not be given to World Peace Society or Growth Network, even though they are creators of the “Now and Forever Peace Plan” that was copyrighted in 1972 and presented to the United Nations as well as the US Government and many others. Vice President Hubert Humphrey, Senator Edward Kennedy, and numerous top officials of the United States along with other world leaders personally responded to us. We even received a personal letter from Mitt Romney’s father, but nothing concrete was ever done. Now we want to more actively bring this plan to the attention of the world and encourage others to come up with a better plan if possible. This alternative plan should be realistic, fit in with our existing world, and most important, it should effectively make war and violence impossible to pursue. As well-intentioned as 114 years of awarding the Nobel Peace Prize has been, it has not given us a more peaceful world, which is now more essential than ever.
Of course, to raise the $5 million prize money needed, we may have to give $5 million away through the DOLLARS FOR PEACE project. We hope to first raise 12 million dollars before we start giving any prize money. We plan to have a first prize of $2 million, a second prize of $1 million, a third prize of $500,000, and a fourth prize of $250,000. It will probably take more than $1 million to properly promote, judge, and award the prize. The 15 intended judges will be selected from among university professors and other well-known international relations experts. This means already about $10 million is required just to raise the money and present the prize. To maintain our operations and carry on our work will probably take about another $2 million. That’s why we will have to raise at least $12 million through DOLLARS FOR PEACE to make this a reality. But such effort can bring a new respect and enthusiasm for the need of the world to find a new practical solution to end war now.
Everybody, including every individual, every organization, every business, every university, every government, and every peace group can become a peace activist. If funds allow, we can also donate to those working on this problem if they in some way contributed to the DOLLARS FOR PEACE program. If you review our other websites, you will see that we already have several projects ready to go which will promote a wider interest in world peace. Everybody should get on board to help support WORLD PEACE SOCIETY. Remember, even if 99% of the world were committed to peace, the other 1% could cause war. That is why, as intelligent human beings, we must do our best and try to –
MAKE WAR AND VIOLENCE IMPOSSIBLE TO PURSUE.